I fully finished watching this video by Johnny Harris a while ago:
Several months ago, I was suspect. This time, though, I sat and watched the whole thing. I feel it is moral to quote the following from his video:
I’m not here to preach what’s right for your scalp; I’m simply telling you what’s right for my scalp.
I decided I’d take this for a spin. I hate shampooing anyway.
Two weeks; roughly.
I did not track this, so I have no start date. I also work from home most of the time, so I’m not a target of the usual air pollution that’s rampant in India. Anyway, here’s what I noticed:
- My hair was very oily, roughly the first week or so.
- It got better.
- It… reached a point where it wouldn’t get any better. It looked a little shabbier compared to when I would shampoo regularly.
- Taking shower was fun again!
But my hair never seemed event-ready throughout this trial. That’s the kicker. :/
What when I actually shampooed?
I shampooed today, and so that makes it the end date… for now. Here’s what immediately happened:
- Hair seems soft, even shiny in its own peculiar way.
- I lost a lot more hair while combing than I ever did with just a water wash. This has me worrying. I’m not even using a dirt cheap product off a supermarket shelf!
In the end.
I might go back to no-shampoo, I think. I miss enjoying showers, and I definitely don’t want to lose a whole bunch of hair twice or thrice a week for no good reason other than looking “nice.”