Disclaimer: this is not a sponsored post. But it is a short one. All I am doing is posting about a good experience in an ocean of poorly executed interviews. An appreciation post, if you will.
They did a lot of things right:
- The first conversation was for culture fit.
- I spoke to a person with whom I would work.
- I wasn’t talked down or over, or misunderstood and then made to feel like I made a huge irreversible mistake.
- It wasn’t an overloaded panel. 3 on 1. Yes, I’ve had that happen and it’s embarrassing companies do this in the very first rounds.
- I didn’t see any hints of “Oh it’s a woman. Never mind.” It was a judgement free space.
The conversation was well-directed, very honest (bonus points! I love honest conversations), respectful, and both of us had a good time learning what the other wanted and did not want and whether we align.
In the end, it wasn’t a fit. And here I am, still, writing a good word for them.
Featured photo by LinkedIn Sales Solutions on Unsplash.