Role: Front-end/React Developer
Duration: Long Term
A hybrid web-app built from the ground-up for swimmers of all ages and levels.
Apart from run-of-the-mill responsibilities of a front-end developer, following are some highlights I was a part of with the project:
Signiﬁcantly improved developer productivity
- by reducing incremental JS bundle build times from over 40 seconds to under 4 seconds, an improvement of ~90%
Built a React-powered input which responds to @mentions on the ﬂy.
- Smartly ﬁtlers and displays a list of suggestions.
- User proﬁles are linked to when @mentioned in a published comment.
Built a React-powered date-of-birth ﬁeld that automagically takes care of the separator in the ﬁeld -
/- leaving the user with a pleasant and quick experience
Focused on user experience by suggesting and working on improvements:
- standardized action buttons' behaviour across the webapp
- built loading indicators within action button to gently inform users of progress in real-time (perceived performance)
- displayed helpful info messages to users where none were in place
- ﬁxed tiny non-uniformities in the UI as much as possible
Proactively reported bugs and worked on ﬁxes to improve app stability and predictability for the user
- included some cross-browser ﬁxes for Mozilla Firefox
Introduced unit-testing to the project